FSW-300 2 x 3 Nylon Christian Set With Oak Pole $150.00 $117.00
7 x 1-1/4" Natural Wood Guidon Pole With Silver Fittings $179.00 $139.62
WWS Single White Web Carrying Belt $28.00 $22.40
C-20 78" Transparent Plastic Flag Cover $11.00 $9.35
MPF-11 6 x 1" White Fiberglass Marching Band Pole $43.00 $36.55
S-102 7-1/2" Metal Flat Spear With Ferrule Gold $45.00 $35.10
P-32 6 x 1" Deluxe Aluminum Pole 1 Section Gold $39.00 $33.15
NF5F 3 x 5 Nylon Army Flag With Pole Hem & Fringe $58.00 $45.24
NF5F 3 x 5 Nylon Navy Flag With Pole Hem & Fringe $58.00 $45.24
Indoor Flags, Poles and Stands What are the components?
- Indoor Flags (Pole Sleeve, Fringe)
- Ornament (Ferrule / Spindle)
- 2-Piece Pole
- Cord & Tassel
- Flag Spreader
Ex: Indoor Flag
An indoor flag pole starts with the flag. Determining the flag and flag size will show you what hardware, what height, and what extras you should get with your display. If you are looking for an American Indoor Flag Set, it is traditional to have the flag finished with gold fringe along with the standard pole hem (sleeve). This fringe is complimented with a gold cord & tassel. An American Flag also has our nation's bird, the eagle, as an ornament at the top of the pole. Most other flags have the flat spear ornament. Just as in outdoors, the American Flag is always to be displayed to its own right. The first flag to the American Flag's left would be the State Flag or POW/MIA Flag. Then follows the City Flag or Custom Flag. In some cases, the American Flag can be in the center if it is higher than the other indoor flag displays.
Assembling the Flag
- Find the open pocket or sleeve at the back edge of the flag. Slide the flag sleeve (pole hem) up the top flagpole section, top edge first, until the top of the flag reaches the brass screw joint.
- Find the leather tab inside the top of the flag sleeve and slip it onto the head of the thumb screw to hold the flag in place.
- If you have your flag spreader, you can now attach the two edges of the flag and anchor it to your pole. Adjust as needed.
Ex: Eagle Ornament
If you are flying the American Flag, an eagle ornament can look particularly attractive, but we would not use the eagle for a state, county, or city flag. In this case, use a flat spear ornament. There many different types of ornaments from the California Bear to the Texas Star. An ornament can really tell a story and complete your indoor flag pole set.
Ferrule / Spindle
We sometimes get the question, "Do I need a ferrule or a spindle?" If you have a wood pole, you are going to need a ferrule. If you have an aluminum pole you don't need either. Aluminum poles typically have a top adapter (known as a brass ornament adapter) already installed that will accept the female threading of an ornament. The ferrule, however, slides over the top of a wood pole and is secured with a set screw and will also accept the female threading of the ornament. A spindle screws into the top of a flagpole truck so an indoor & parade ornament can be used outdoors.
Ex: 2-Piece Oak
Indoor Flag Pole
Indoor flag poles come in heights from 7 to 11 feet, but 8 feet is the most common pole height used. We recommend, using either a 2-piece gold aluminum indoor flag pole or dark oak wood indoor flag pole. To connect the two pole pieces together, aluminum poles have a screw joint and oak poles have a solid brass screw joint. The top of these poles is finished with a set screw for the leather tab, and an eyelit for the cord and tassel. The table below shows the recommended indoor flag pole heights for various flag sizes.
|Indoor Flag Pole Height||Hanging Length of the Flag||Recommended Flag Size|
|7'||5' 10"||3' x 5'|
|8'||5' 10"||3' x 5'|
|8'||7' 2-1/2"||4' x 6' *|
|9'||7' 2-1/2"||4' x 6'|
|10'||7' 2-1/2"||4' x 6'|
|10'||9' 5-1/4"||5' x 8' *|
|11'||9' 5-1/4"||5' x 8'|
* Flag will not touch the ground but is not recommended for the height of the pole.
*Note: Flag size is based upon the height of the pole and the diagonal length of the flag going on that pole.
Ex: Indoor Flag Stand
Generally, the larger the diameter, the more stable the indoor flag stand is. Weight also has a factor in stability. The Endura Floor Stand has acement inner core, so it's design and weight make it ideal for any indoor flag pole. Viscount and Regent Floor Stands are designed for portability and can be filled with sand or water to add weight. Check the opening diameter of your indoor flag stand. It should exactly match the pole diameter (i.e. a 1" opening accepts a 1" pole diameter). If your opening is larger then the pole diameter, then you may need an insert for your pole so it fits snuggly into the floor stand.
Cord & Tassels
Ex: Cord & Tassels
The cord & tassel is traditionally used as a finishing feature on indoor flags sets with flags with fringe.
Assembling the Cord & Tassel:
- Fold the cord in half and hold the tassels together in one hand.
- Adjust the cord so one tassel is about 3" higher than the other.
- Push the cord loop through the eye screw at the top of the pole.
- Once the loop is through the eye screw, push both tassels through the loop and pull tight to form a slip knot.
- About 1/3 further down the cord, make a new loop by wrapping both pieces of cord around three fingers.
- With the other hand, pull the two strands of cord through the loop you made around your fingers, just enough to form a new loop (approximately one inch).
- Pull the cord strands through your new loop to form yet another loop about the same size. Continue this step until you have connected 4 loops.
- On the 4th loop, pull the tassels all the way through and tighten slightly to form a loose knot.
- Adjust and tighten the links to be uniform in size.
Ex: Flag Spreader
The flag spreader clamps to the pole and has two arms which are designed to hold the flag out from the center of the pole. This accessory is not required for an indoor flag set but is inexpensive and will increase the attractiveness of your flag!
If you have any questions, contact us and we will be sure to answer them as best we can!